Monday, February 16, 2015

AMAZING NATURE!
Today's Post: from finding the eggs in the nest to today.  So you'll know I'm being careful not to disturb the babies or their mother, for the last picture in the series and my photo du jour, I set up the Nikon D7000 camera with 200 mm lens on a tripod about fifteen feet from the nest. 
I found eggs in the nest on January 12.

January 20: The mother was sitting on the eggs. They hadn't hatched.


January 31:  The chicks had hatched and were hungry.

February 8: Feathers are growing fast and the chicks have filled the nest.

February 9:  A noticeable difference in just 24 hours.


Today, February 16:  They are outgrowing the nest.  I'm being careful not to get too close.  If I try to get pictures again before they fly, I'll set up the tripod so far back from the nest that they definitely won't be disturbed.

No comments: