Friday, January 30, 2015


The one that got away...

I was up in Scripps Ranch late this afternoon and tried, not completely successfully to get a panoramic shot of the Rancho Bernardo, Poway, Scripps Ranch area of San Diego... with mountains and clouds to the north of the city.  We don't often have skies like the ones that covered our county today.  

On the way back home just as the sun was setting, I drove up the hill on I-15 and suddenly there was the most amazing sunset I'd seen in a long time..., but there was no way to stop and get a picture of it.  I drove off the freeway as soon as I could hoping there would be a place and the time to park and get a picture, but it didn't happen.  I couldn't come away with an empty camera, so I stopped in a churchyard and aimed at what was left of the last light of Friday.  It wasn't all I wanted; but like so much else, it had to be enough.


No comments: