Saturday, January 17, 2015


From the San Diego Museum of Art Margaret and I were walking back to our car when I saw what had to be my picture for the day, our shadows.  We had been part of a docent-led group touring Gaugin to Warhol.  I am old enough now to remember when some of these iconic paintings were contemporary and not significant to art history.  I hasten to say Margaret and I are not quite yet just shadows, but I like the image.  With the Paris killings of Charlie Hebdo cartoon artists fresh on our minds we listened to a lecture about the beginnings of new directions in modern art in Paris.  How could I not wonder where cartoon art fits... in life and in art.


Then later...


CARTOONS

Cartoons...
little more than that 
is life
with you and me 
in sometimes starring roles
but mostly less...
more on Saturday mornings
in winter
when everything is absolutely real.




No comments: