Sunday, November 09, 2014


AGAIN…

PAINTING WITH LIGHT

This afternoon I went with my camera down in the valley to my favorite grove of eucalyptus  trees… to paint them… with light.  Of course, I first learned to paint things using light sensitive film and a little Brownie camera.  I was ten years old.  I graduated from one camera to another until I was finally using sophisticated Nikkor lenses fitted to amazing Nikon camera bodies. That seems a long time ago. I’m now painting by using ever more sophisticated lenses which direct light onto sensors which send digital information to tiny discs where it is stored until I download it into my computer.  Although I only vaguely understand the processes, I have learned to make images that excite me as much, sometimes even more, than those images I once got with film and light sensitive paper.  

Here’s some of what I got today...








No comments: