Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Volunteer Day in Balboa Park: The Museum of Photographic Arts
...and the final week of trials with the couple of small but powerful Sony cameras.  The trials have nothing to do with whether or not the cameras are "keepers." I have bought them, and they are mine already; but this is the week when I must convince myself that I can leave behind in San Diego the Nikon 7000 and the bag of Nikkor lenses and do a month-long trip to France with only the Sony QX100 and the Sony RX100M3.  I think I'm convinced.  I like what I got today with only the RX100.  My photo du jour has to be the shot I got in a photo shoot-out with my friend Kenton Hundley in the Atrium of MOPA.  The duel was witnessed by his students... a very good bunch indeed.  The portrait of Kenton and the landscapes, San Diego skyline from Laurel Street Bridge and the San Diego Museum of Art annex with the towers for the Museum of Man, satisfy my eye.  The way I see it, the Nikon couldn't do better.  I stopped in back of Marsden House on my bike ride home.  That isn't bad either, but I could have done a better job of getting the light just right in that one.  It wasn't the fault of the camera that the image isn't as bright as I like.  The hydrangea: I'm convinced I can bring back some good pictures of flowers in Monet's garden at Giverny with the little Sony cameras.  We'll see.






No comments: