Monday, August 18, 2014


TODAY has been one of those days when my search for the photo du jour didn't begin until late.  After four o'clock I grabbed my camera and slid out the back yard down to Camino Degrazia to see what I could find.  A favorite orchid, which has already gifted us with a spray of beautiful flowers, is getting ready to bloom again... I took a picture of the buds when I came back to the house from my search for a photo down by the street. It's probably some kind of Freudian thing that I  don't want to understand, but I am drawn to Mondrian patterns.  I found several beside the road. I'm trying not to read anything into that dark chamber where water rushes in on those rare occasions when we have rain in San Diego.

A tree root exposed on the hillside added an enigmatic touch.









No comments: