Thursday, July 24, 2014

Most just pictures from a very good day...


Grandson Jeremy joined me today in the volunteer work at the Museum of Photographic Arts in Balboa Park.  In such good company the work went quickly, so we had time to go through the galleries before setting out in the park to find our own photographs.  We began by making one of ourselves with the little new camera.  Art was happening everywhere... out on the plaza in front of the San Diego Museum of Art... and across the way in front of The Prado where a plein artist was working at putting orange umbrellas on his canvas... and women carried umbrellas that matched the crepe myrtle trees... and I stopped to get a picture of my favorite rainbow eucalyptus  near where I always see on the pavement the thinker probably wondering as I always do why some people feel compelled to carve initials and other symbols in the bark of innocent trees.  Back home again later I found the day lily had opened a couple of new blossoms.  What a day!








No comments: