Wednesday, July 16, 2014


Margaret is my photo-du-jour.  I got this picture just after supper while she talked on the phone to our Nancy in Rockville, Maryland. 

SONY RX100M3

I got out early this morning for a dental appointment in Banker’s Hill… got to the dentist’s office early so I wandered around one of my favorite Victorian Houses and got pictures with the little QX100 and the RX100M3 cameras in the early morning light.  The cameras didn’t disappoint.  The color-saturated images are crisp.

The Britt Scripps Inn, located at the the northeastern corner of Fourth Avenue and Maple Street was a bed and breakfast establishment until it closed a few months ago when the property was sold… again.  I have no idea what it will become, but it’s perhaps the grandest and one of the oldest residences in San Diego.  I did a little research and found that construction of the house took two years to complete after it had begun in 1887.  At a cost of $3000 it was said to be the most expensive home in San Diego at the time.  The original owner of the home was a lawyer, Eugene Britt, originally from Missouri. When Britt moved to Los Angeles in 1900, he sold the house to Edward Scripps for $16,000.  I don’t know what price the property fetched this year, but it was listed for $2.5 million.
SONY RX100M3
SONY QX100 (the smart phone/camera)
SONY QX100
Both the QX and RX cameras have Zeiss lenses and one-inch sensors. 
SONY RX100M3

No comments: