Friday, March 28, 2014


Critters in the rain...

Susan’s home where we are staying while she takes a break in Hawaii is in a redwood forest close enough to the great ocean so we hear the roar of it, especially when a storm comes in from the northwest the way it did today, making the sea dance. . 

Of all her critters... four friendly, painted chickens, squirrels, Tillie, Abigail, at least one mountain lion and a bear that don’t show up except as digital images when they trip the shutter on a camera set to “catch” them, and four friendly, painted chickens... Tillie is the one who has trained me and captured my imagination. Coming in a close second is Abigail, a little jet-black kitten who has learned that I don’t mind sharing my pillow with her. Tillie has trained me to carry treats on our walks for when she climbs on a stump and says with her eyes, “O.K., See how clever I am. let’s have it.”


The rain and wind make the sea dance.









1 comment:

Unknown said...

That forest is amazing. As are your ocean shots. You know I'm partial to the dancing sea photos.