Thursday, February 27, 2014


SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA IS BRACING FOR A STORM

I rode out to Ocean Beach this afternoon in the lull between a small band of showers that began just before dawn and the “big storm” we’re told will come tonight. The great blue heron seemed to sense something unusual was coming.  I got close, and it didn’t flinch. 



Back at our house I’ve got a tiny hummingbird nesting again this year in the tendrils of my hanging ivy.  I’m worried,  We get very little wind where I live.  How could this little half-dollar sized bird have known her choice of place for a nest wasn’t good. The hanging planter will toss wildly if the wind that has been predicted actually blows tonight.  There’s nothing I can do that makes any sense.  




1 comment:

J.B. said...

Embrace your little friend.....none of us have each other but for a moment.....

agape'
JB