Thursday, February 13, 2014

On my way home from the museum today I met a tree… one new to me... as I took a shortcut on my bicycle to avoid the dismount-and-walk rule that has been posted at the Cabrillo Bridge sidewalk.  The tree is not as old as many of its neighbors, but I think it must have suffered more than most.  It’s a gnarled stack of knots all the way up to a wild green tangle of spindly branches trying to break free from a distorted body.  At other times I’ve been along this path; I don’t know why I hadn’t noticed the tree before today… but there it was staring at me as I came around a curve.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The curiosity of this tree is clear....like a cat it has many lives....and filled with grace and "can do".

Wow



Agape'
JB

Liz R. said...

It is, however, a survivor, with its lovely mop of greenery. Long may it wave.
Liz

Mark said...

"What an interesting tree. I like that tired looking old beauty. And, it was looking at you, wasn't it."
Mark

Helen Thomas said...

What wonderful bark pictures to add to your huge collection -- and to mine.

Helen Thomas

Anonymous said...

I ache looking at it!
M.L.R.