Wednesday, February 19, 2014


O.K., O.K., I'm not even going to try to explain how or why I got the pictures I did today.  They don't fit neatly into a reasonable explanation.

This is the Wednesday of the month that I go to the Civic Center downtown to help with voter registration for the people who have just been given their certificates of official citizenship in the United States of America.  The end of "B" Street is a gathering place for homeless people,  people whom I have seen other Wednesdays in other months.  Several of these people have pets.  The two cats belong to the lady whose belongings are piled onto the cart in the picture.  The gay cat is Sky and the black and white is Ariana.  The lady and her cats are there every time I go to the place. She is nice. So are the cats. She says they really love each other, the cats.  I believe her.

The little boy is an American citizen because he was born here.  His mother became a citizen today.  I liked everything about this little guy... his pacifier with the mustache, the soft cuddly stuffed animal, his sweater... everything. I asked his mother for permission to take his picture while she filled out the voter registration paper.  She smiled proudly and said I could get the picture.

In a lull before the new citizens came out of their naturalization ceremony, I took the "selfie" of the President and me with my cell phone.

I went back over to Balboa Park in the afternoon to have coffee with Karl, and this guy carrying (sort of... notice the wheel) a cross paraded around the Plaza de Panama with an attractive girl on his arm...  How could I resist getting a picture...  I wanted to ask about the wheel on the bottom of the cross... but didn't.  I wanted to ask what the .... is going on?  Why?... but I didn't.

There was a wonderful little dog learning to ride a skateboard, and I wished I had got a picture... but I didn't







No comments: