Wednesday, January 15, 2014

EAT YOUR HEART OUT, FLORIDA AND HAWAII...
SAN DIEGO'S GOT IT!

My bicycle ride today took me out along the San Diego River to Mission Bay, Mission Beach, and Pacific Beach.  What a day! Temperatures in the 80s...



Not exactly walking on water... Maybe walking on air???
On a more serious note, my friend Jean send me a list of a truth held sacred by many great leaders, thinkers and cultures from Winslow Myers's book Living Beyond War.

Buddhism:  Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find hurtful.

Hinduism: Do naught unto others what would cause you pain if done to you.

Judaism:  What is hateful to you, do not to your fellow man.

Christianity:  Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Islam:  No one of you is a believer until he desires for his brother 
that which he desires for himself.

Sikhism: Im a stranger to no one; and no one is a stranger to me.  
Indeed, I am a friend to all.

Taoism:  Regard your neighbor's gain as your own gain
and your neighbor's loss as your own loss.

These are almost universally considered to be the essence of morality.



No comments: