Saturday, November 30, 2013

THIS ’N THAT


Today I’ve been determined not to let anything provoke me into a rant. I went looking for images about which I could feel something… preferably something that I can remember with gladness… perhaps at least one image which I can call up with satisfaction just before I drop off into a satisfying sleep the last night of this Thanksgiving week and the last day of the month of November.


The sycamore trees in our valley are holding onto a few leaves.
I got the pictures when the late afternoon sunlight
intensified the gold in the few that were left.


The hibiscus was golden, too; 
before I decided I'd see how it looks
as a negative image.



In San Diego we're coming into bird of paradise season.


Today at the Asian market up the hill from where I live, I bought this cabbage for supper tonight
and decided it deserves as much attention as the showy bird of paradise.
As a matter of fact, when I downloaded the picture from my camera... 
and set the cabbage against inky blackness, I thought about the comet Ison,
whatever is left of it, speeding away from its close encounter with the sun.


1 comment:

Helen T. said...

Your rants often satisfy me. I like your doing them and often want to say "AMEN." But the cabbage picture in today's blog really was nice!

Helen Thomas