Thursday, October 03, 2013

...for no other reason, not even one connected with the absurd situation on Capitol Hill, I didn't take the time at the very late end of a very busy yesterday/yesternight to post my photo du jour.  I got quite a few pictures earlier yesterday, but the one that clearly will jog my memory later about the business of the day was one I got on impulse with my iPhone.  Doing a volunteer task at the Museum of Photograph Arts, I saw an open door to a closet; and there was the picture waiting for me.   Apologies for any implication that there is sexism driving my choice of pictures for the photo du jour distinction; that's definitely not the issue.  If the manikin (spell it "mannequin" if you want to) had been one that is anatomically correct for the male of the species, I'd have taken the picture and used it.  If there had been one of each of gender of the species in the closet, I'd have taken the picture and used it...chuckling all the while.


Oh, by the way, the event I was working at the museum was its annual fund-raiser: 
an auction of photographs; so I figure this picture was especially right for the occasion.  Donations to the Museum of Photographic Arts for its education programs are gladly accepted.  Anyone so inclined can find the way to do it on the museum's WEB site:  www.mopa.org 

No comments: