Monday, September 16, 2013

Spring Soup for the Soul


Spring Soup for the Soul
from “Stucco Visions” by Aliki Roussin-Croney

The photographic images I caught with my camera today had primed me to do some writing, perhaps to attempt a poem that might express the mystery of circles... but at the end of the day I studied a familiar painting by the Greek-born Aliki Roussin from her series which she calls “Stucco Visions," and I decided to save the writing about circles for another day.  The painting that I have admired since I first saw it a couple of years ago is appropriately called Spring Soup for the Soul. Roussin-Croney’s painting is done with a medium much more like stucco than oil.  I’ve decided to pair it with a photograph I took  of Swiss Chard a few days ago in a community garden in Yachats, Oregon. The picture of chard could go by the same name: Spring Soup for the Soul.  I’ve thrown in the circular images just for the heck of it...







No comments: