Saturday, September 28, 2013





Armageddon

That’s the way it starts...
armageddon...
A duck crossing the road 
feels the earth move
and suddenly cracks
that weren’t there yesterday
run like lightening
through everything
before separations begin;
the center can’t hold
and the earth splits
into a zillion fragments
flying every which way... 




I was going to make a poem
about global warming
but all the words I tried
seemed so prosaic
I gave up the project 
and settled for an imaginary
catastrophe with which religious folk
who say they know the mind of God
are already quite familiar.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must be depressed? At least today it seems you are in a sad mood. Cheer up! Put some color back in your photos & enjoy the myriad, wonderful, simple joys of life.
Susie

Jerral Miles said...

Actually, I'm discouraged with Congress... not depressed, but definitely discouraged. I'm embarrassed and alarmed by the situation in Washington. The world is watching my fellow-Americans express their selfishness and disregard for suffering of others.