Sunday, June 23, 2013

MY SPECTACULAR MOONRISE DIDN'T DEVELOP...
The moon was incredibly big and bright and beautiful, but by the time it came up over mountains across from the Johnson's new home it was too bright for the camera equipment I had with me.  The mountain below and surrounding dark sky were in such great contrast to the large, bright moon that the digital image of the moon washed out completely; BUT the experience was amazing.  The top of the mountain seemed for a few minutes to be on fire and then the moon... WOW!  The details of the moon were clear to the naked eye... but my camera was overwhelmed.  What a sight!  The picture is intact... in my mind... which is enough.

    ...so I settled for this magnificent magnolia blossom from earlier in the day.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I too watched that beautiful moonrise the other night, but your magnificent photo......well, it's magnificent.