Sunday, February 24, 2013



SHOOTING THE MOON

I’m not sure about this, but I think the expression “shooting the moon” comes from the game of hearts which I haven’t actually played for at least sixty years.  As I remember it, we used the expression in those days not just for playing cards but for all kinds of situations in which we wanted to win big, to take it all. 

When I was driving home late today from running an errand, I glanced east and saw an astoundingly beautiful moon rising. I wanted to shoot it... with my camera, but I didn’t have my best camera, and I wasn’t in a very interesting place in Mission Valley... so I shot the moon with what I had; and with the magic of Photoshop I put it where I wanted it to be in the early evening sky. It almost worked... not quite, but I had fun doing it.  But that little pear blossom that dropped out of the mid-morning sky onto the table where I was helping promote tolerance and inclusion worked with no help from editing software.

I may try to shoot the moon again tomorrow.  Asi es la vida.








No comments: