Monday, February 11, 2013



My journal writing today is short because the images tell the story. Briefly, I went out to visit my friend Tom Fagan for a drawing lesson.  Everybody knows he is a gifted artist.  I know him also be a great friend and exceptional teacher.


Tom is doing a series of night paintings in downtown San Diego.  He sets up his easel on the street and finishes a painting on the spot.  He doesn't work from photographs.  Remarkable!  Below is his most recent painting done in the Gas Lamp District.






After I left his studio, clouds drew me in the direction of Mt. Miguel.













3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Checked out your friends website. Love his work. Thanks for sharing."
Jim

Anonymous said...

Love that painting.
It's amazing that people can do that when surrounded by on lookers.
A good friend who painted that way was Ed Wordell. He passed away recently and he specialized in nautical scenes most most of his life.
He painted in watercolor but they looked like oils, they are so vibrant.

Enjoy your day
ML

Unknown said...

Some artists use brushes, some use a lens. Both are great.