Sunday, January 20, 2013



             Religion that does not speak to me ever
             may refresh the heart and warm the soul
             of someone else in great need of solace,
             so I’ll back away slowly making no noise
             hoping if he senses my going he’ll never
             know how absolutely I do not understand
             how what he does and says helps at all
             to sooth him in his loneliness and his fear.

            He may never know why the white fence
            with the leftover red flower comforts me.

I went down to check the latest graffiti under the bridges
that cross the river near where I Live. The people who
paint there are artists whose work might hang in museums
if it were submitted on canvas and not hidden out of sight
of everyone but those of us who want to see everything.







1 comment:

Unknown said...

I especially LOVE the first 2 lines of your writing today, just love it.

And I think its great that you visit the graffiti sites and real glad you captured and posted them. Graffiti artists are indeed, artists.

I recently saw a program about a graffiti artist, who started in the streets and his work is now in museums, and people spend thousands for his work.
I sort of like that.