Tuesday, November 06, 2012



Tension was high from early morning in my house. I considered sleeping right through the late afternoon and evening and night and tomorrow morning until all the dust is settled; but, of course, I couldn’t do it.  It’s hard to go to sleep when you’re sitting on pins and needles. Why am I not surprised that Florida has screwed up the voting procedure again... Why am I not surprised that the evangelical patches of population in the country had a majority of their people voting as if they has just today returned from the 800 B.C.E. land of Deuteronomy or perhaps Afghanistan...  Why am I not surprised that the people who funnel obscene amounts of money into Super PACS show no concern about difficulties ordinary lower-middle class people in America are having just getting by.... BUT the networks and newspapers are declaring a second term for President Obama... YET at 8:30 Pacific time the Romney people are refusing to concede... so we won’t set off the fireworks just yet.  BUT I am going to relax and believe President Barack Obama has been reelected and has become only the fourth Democratic president to be given a second term in the last hundred years.  If Republicans in Washington and indeed in the country choose another four years of gridlock, they will be deciding to aim and shoot at their own foot. 



 Governor Romney has conceded... The President will speak in a few minutes.  Donald Trump has Twittered that he is mad.  I'm going to bed happy.





1 comment:

Rajesh said...

Miles.... congratulations!

Our man has won. I am so happy! Thank you for keeping up the good word and spirit in support of Obama all this while.

For America,,, and all of us... the best is Yet to Come.