Sunday, October 28, 2012



STILL LIFE WITH POMEGRANATES
BODEGON CON GRANADAS

Today I am trying to do still life photography.  Sometimes my search for the photo du jour begins when I have no idea what I want... no notion of what it is that I’d like to capture and keep to remind me of the day.  Sometimes the image presents itself as if to say, “I’m it.  Take me.”  Today was such a day.

Our friend Dorothy gave Margaret and us a gift of food from her garden: two lemons, four hot green peppers, five small fiery red peppers, two bell peppers, one zucchini, two white onions, and three pomegranates.  I poured them from the bag onto a dish and they fell into an arrangement that was irresistible.  The three pomegranates... perfect. Oh, Don’t misunderstand... the pomegranates weren’t perfectly smooth.  They were deep red with scars.  They had character.  Some of you may remember pomegranates from a week ago... those also were from Dorothy’s garden.  They were the light, smaller variety... delicious.  These three red ones today are definitely worth preserving in a picture. 

I fooled around with some fruit we’d bought at the market... not bad; but Dorothy’s pomegranates win... no contest.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

All nice, but the banana's...my favorite.