Friday, September 07, 2012

Today Jeremy and I attended four lecture/workshop sessions at the Medium Festival of Photography in San Diego.  I was determined to focus my attention on black and white photography... I want to learn more about "painting with light" in digital photography.  I came away with more determination to learn how to get a good black and white image with a digital camera, but how could I not choose this photograph of Jen Jansen working as my photo du jour?  The bright natural light from the window gave me an image that I like... but in color.  When I tried it as a black and white photograph, it didn't work as well; so I kept it with muted color.  Then I turned my attention to the subject she was photographing for a tintype... and I got the man in black and white.


Later when we got home, I tried to paint with light a black and white portrait of Jeremy.  The subject is exactly right... but I'll continuing to work on control of light.



No comments: