Saturday, June 30, 2012



Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.
--Anne Frank
O.K.... O.K.... Let’s take a break from heaviness and gloom.. a break from the focus on political disfunction in Washington... a break from worrying about things I can fix but don't have the inclination or don’t want to commit the time... a break from being frustrated about the things I cannot possible fix... and... and... and...
When I need a break of this kind, there are a few places where I go to find reminders that life is good, in spite of...  One of the places is a book shelf at home where I keep a few books in which I can always... always... always find reasons to be optimistic without resorting to platitudes and a silly grin.  One of the books is The Diary of Anne Frank. I needed something this afternoon after I read about the guy who blogged that he wants to move to Canada because he is  angry over the Supreme Court’s ruling that lets stand The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.  Just as my mind was beginning to shift into gear to begin a journal/BLOG writing around the ignorance of this guy who obviously doesn’t know that Canada is out front and ahead of the U.S. A. in providing patient protection and affordable care for it’s citizens, I stopped myself and went to the book shelf... and let Anne Frank remind me that things, after all, are good.  Then I went out and looked for beauty; and there it was... all over the hill where I live... and beyond.


1 comment:

dcpeg said...

Very good advice. I'm tired of Congress/Washington, too, but I live here.

Ann Frank is an extraordinary proponent of positive thinking. I need to read her diary again. Thanks for the reminder.