Monday, May 21, 2012

Photography reveals, illuminates, mystifies.  Photography is a very private medium.  Because anybody can do it... and sometimes a casual photographer captures an image that's every bit as "good" as anything a famous professional does.., The difference is that the professional people seem to know what it is they want, and they go for it... and they often get it. Sometimes I stumble onto the elements of an unusual image, recognize  the potential, and try to make the image happen in the camera... But when I get home to the editing software, I find that I didn't manage the light well or that the depth of field is wrong and what I wanted to be in focus is blurred; but that's O.K. because I'm not pretending to be professional.  I'm going for what pleases me... occasionally.  Today, I fooled around with a shot I got yesterday... at church... not inside but outside looking back and up.  It's nothing but lines and shapes.  I'm pleased with the image... It isn't bad in color, but I think it's right in black and white.

The photo du jour had to be one that I actually snapped today, so the strange flower, black and white... and color has to be the one that goes into the book of 356 for 2012.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great shot, Jeremiah!