Sunday, April 15, 2012

No long BLOG writing for me today... except to say that I’m still trying to get my mind around something I saw in a Washington Area advertising supplement in a newspaper dropped at Nancy’s door yesterday. The advertising agency that put together the 10-page glossy print supplement didn’t notice ,or noticed and doesn’t care, that the fully furnished house with an asking price of four million dollars, has among its many rooms one called “The Library” which doesn’t have bookshelves in it, or from what I could see in the picture, any books, even on a table alongside a computer. There was, of course, a television set, three oversized sofas, and the table with computer . Fox News Logo was showing on the T.V. I shouldn’t jump to conclusions like this, but I could imagine the owner of the house saying in answer to some questions I’d like to ask, “Who needs books? I get all the information I need to know and want to know from Wikipedia and Fox News.”

I took a picture of a blown glass ball that Nancy keeps on a desk in the new sunroom, which, by the way, doesn’t pretend to be anything but a sunroom with lots of windows, including six in the ceiling, that let in lots of light. If the people who own the four-million-dollar house should wander onto Claggett Drive and stop in here and should ask about the room, I’d say, “It’s an observatory.” And if they should ask, “How so?” I’d show them Nancy’s glass ball and say I’m studying the universe and I think this is like a planet out there somewhere.

No comments: