Tuesday, April 17, 2012

First, apologies for my failure to edit the Blog last night before I clicked the "send" button... putting a singular predicate with a plural subject (which I corrected early this morning)... and apologies also for neglecting to click the button which hides other e-mails when I send to a group. That's also fixed today.

Actually, I was awed by what I saw today, so there's not much philosophy or politics in the journal writing today... just in the photographs. After poking around in the Lincoln Memorial for a few minutes this morning before watching the fly-by of the space shuttle Discovery riding on the back of a jumbo jet... and then after a walk around the White House and the Executive Office Building, it's enough to say simply, "Oh, say can you see?" I didn't go up to the hill where nothing much is getting done these days because a whole bunch of people there hate the idea of government.  One of my greatest hopes is that in the next couple of election cycles the good people in both major political parties will band together to drive from public office those elected lawmakers who refuse to let our government do the work of the American people.

















1 comment:

dcpeg said...

Don't know about you, but seeing the Discovery flyover brought me to tears. I want so much to touch her!