Sunday, January 22, 2012


Duty calls sometimes, and a guy has to watch not one but two football games on a Sunday afternoon. That happened to me today, and I didn’t get a chance to go out into the world to find a picture for the day. I did get a couple of breaks... halftime and then the time between games, so I went out onto my back porch and into the back yard to fine images. In photography, as in life sometimes, the partial can be much more satisfying than the whole.

I’d never before today noticed how really interesting the individual feathers are on a dream-catcher hanging on the porch... and that white orchid which has been blooming for six months changes moment by moment in afternoon light. The whole geranium isn’t much to look at in the middle of January, but that one little blossom... Wow! Everybody knows the eucalyptus trees talk to me, so I can always go to them for a picture.






No comments: