Tuesday, December 13, 2011


ANOTHER WAY OF LOOKING AT IT... Yesterday I looked back on the San Diego from the high hill at the tip of the peninsula that is Point Loma. Clouds gathered around the shoulders of the city with the sun still high in the sky. The whole place looked powerfully serene. Today after the morning rain, I went for a bike ride around Fiesta Island at Mission Bay, and the whole area seemed a different place. I didn't begin the ride until mid-afternoon, so by the time I finished the ride the sun was low in the sky saturating everything with burnished copper. Even a great blue heron seemed so startled by the amazing light that it allowed me to come very close. It's easy to lose the real world in stunning images. I feel about San Diego and every other city I've known the way I feel about the Grand Canyon. I look hard; but when I turn away, I'm not at all sure that I've seen it.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jerral, it is the looking hard that sets you apart and gives you an extra gift each time. Ginny