Sunday, November 27, 2011


I wandered around "D" Street, the main drag in Marysville and found that the town has changed. When I found the building (with the blue awning in the first picture)where I had a job in a J. J. Newberry five and dime store, I caught a glimpse of myself in the store window and was reminded that Marysville isn't the only thing that has changed in the sixty years since I worked there. The Newberry Stores all over America went out of business twenty or thirty years ago... and, NO, that mural isn't what Marysville looked like when I was a boy. That was what Marysville looked like about the time my Grandfather Abraham Miles was born in Alabama in 1866.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think I see you in the window there....Very cute looking town, is it as peaceful as it looks?