Sunday, September 25, 2011

We're in Dikili, Turkey, today... I'd like to get a message to the folks in Washington and Sacramento. Let's tell them that nothing lasts. Everything ends up in ruins. History contains strong evidence that they's better get their act together as quickly as possible.

Earlier this morning I got on a tender out in the Mediterranean and circled the ship while it was under full sail. I got some interesting photographs. Later I climbed up to the crow's nest and took photographs looking down. Those days of climbing tall ladders to pick cherries when I was young paid off today. I had no trouble scampering up the mast. Wonderful experience.

The photographs from Ephesus and from the Basilica of St. John were from yesterday... the sunrise from this morning.

1 comment:

dcpeg said...

Your sailing ship and sunsrise photos leave me speechless! It was totally worth it making the climb up to the crow's nest; that is one truly magnificent shot!