Friday, September 02, 2011

Some days are kaleidoscopic. As a matter of fact, the past couple of weeks have been a confusion... but asi es la vida. Before setting off on my morning bicycle ride, I snapped a picture of the fresh cana lily blooming near our front door. I rode along the river to the beach to see the big surf... snapped a couple of pictures there; then I rode back on the other side of the river toward home and turned up the hill to ride past the University and Francis Parker School because this is, after all, September.

OVERHEARD
At the Coffee Shop


Maybe the batteries aren’t put in right.
It’s a good thing you aren’t employed.
Then you hit the reset button.
Pretty much.
The one with the lazy eye.
Don’t put any cream in mine.
It’s a dime cheaper if you have your own cup.
And the next day he was gone.
I should know better.
God awful! Just awful!
I don’t know if it’s got one or not.
I’m gonna say it’s between thirty and forty dollars.
Turn off just after you pass sixth Street.
You want yours cordless.
Yeah. Remote control.
He should never have stayed with her in the first place.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love those snippets of conversation, some funny, some not so much. Great shots, my favorite being the waves, for obvious reasons.