Saturday, September 03, 2011

I went out again today to see if I could catch waves... No, I’m not a surfer... wish I were... I was hoping to find big swells coming in from a storm in New Zealand. I guess everything has to do with how and where the sea meets the land. I was guessing Cabrillo Point, out by the lighthouse, would be ideal. Wrong! The sea was a bit rougher than usual but there were no spectacular swells; so I walked around the photographed the lighthouse from every angle. Of course, I’ve done that before; but the light is never the same from one moment to the next. Today a marine layer of fog was hanging over the point when I got there. Later the fog cleared and the whole scene changed. Considering the metaphoric value of a lighthouse, any lighthouse but especially a lighthouse set on a hill, I shouldn’t apologize for getting “only” these pictures for today.

I used two cameras, the new little Sony and my bigger, heavier Nikon. I’ll be interested in knowing if anyone can tell which of the lighthouse pictures were taken with smaller camera. I was considering taking only the small camera on the trip to the Mediterranean later this month. Naaah... can’t talk myself into that...






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just taking a stab at it, I'd say the last one is the little guy.

Jerral Miles said...

Mark,
You get to keep the prize... It is the last one.