Wednesday, September 07, 2011


I am told that the white orchid blooming for the third year on our back porch is of the Doritaenopsis specie. I remember a student who would say, “Whatever...” whenever she obviously didn’t know what to do with the criticism and advice I was giving to her about her writing. That’s how I feel about knowing that this orchid is of the Doritaenopsis specie. Whatever! It’s a beautiful miracle. Over a period of several months beginning in July little globes formed slowly along a spindly stem that I have to secure against a stick. The orchid began blooming about a week ago with one blossom opening. Today there are three more. In a couple of weeks there will be twelve.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful miracle is right. Those flowers have so much going on when you look at them closely. So much beauty around if we just stop to find it, which is what you do on a daily basis.