Wednesday, August 31, 2011




















RED

In all those years
when Russia claimed red as its own
I never gave in to it
and said O.K.
go ahead
take it

and

I’ll never allow Republicans
to own elephants
exclusively

Because

I like elephants
more than I like donkeys
or mules or jackasses
or whatever they are
on campaign
posters

It’s like
when that woman
asked me
if I am pro-life

and I said
of course
but
don’t
insult me
and everybody else
by thinking
we believe the girl
only fourteen
raped by her dad
should just go ahead
and have the baby

and I found out
that same woman
was in favor
of killing
especially
doctors
who helped
girls who

and you know
the rest of the story

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT WAS F U N today!
Helen

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this.
M.L.

Rajesh said...

It takes all kinds to populate life Miles. This blog is as dark as the shades of red you have clicked.