Tuesday, August 23, 2011

CLOUDSCAPES
Trying out the new little Sony camera, I was sitting in the aisle seat on a flight from San Diego to Newark... shooting out through the little airline window from around six feet away from the double glass... expecting the camera to automatically focus on the window, which had some but not many spots on it, but it didn’t. I extended the telephoto lens out the full 380 mm, again expecting the worst. As soon as I had finished shooting, I downloaded the images to my laptop and edited them. Wow! I don’t think I could have captured images as good as these with my Nikon D2X or the newer Nikon D7000, both wonderful cameras which I am not prepared to abandon in favor of this little Sony DSC-HX9/HX9V. The over-the-top reviews weren’t exaggerations. I can hardly wait to try out all the other bells and whistles.

Margaret and I are on our way to New York for the funeral of her older brother who died Sunday at the end of a long battle with Alzhiemers disease. Somehow these cloud photographs seem appropriate for the day. Dale would understand and approve my enthusiasm. His death after the dreaded disease is a blessing. A sadness for all of us, but a blessing that it’s finished.

Just kidding...  This was on a poster in airport, and I couldn't resist adding the astronauts to my cloud pictures. I was going to say Dale is the one on the left but decided not to...

No comments: