Tuesday, July 12, 2011



Edward Weston said, “The camera sees more than the eye, so why not make use of it?” That’s why I take a camera along with me absolutely all the time. If I happen to leave home without my camera, I feel incomplete until I can get back and take it up again. There is the possibility while I am out without it that I may see something I wish to photograph. The need is not so much to get a print or even a digital image that I can keep in a computer file. I have the feeling that if I don't have a camera to help me look at something more closely I may miss an experience that may never come my way again. Today as I wandered around the cactus garden in Balboa Park after I’d spent the morning at the Museum of Photographic Arts, I had a sense that everything I was seeing had more to it than I could take in with my eyes.


No comments: