Friday, March 04, 2011


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYO56DG9JLk&feature=related

If you go to the WEB address above, you’ll hear Fat Frank playing the washboard. The photographs of my neighbor playing the washboard last Sunday at a zydeco concert can be called Slim Jim Plays the Washboard. I wish I had a recording of the music he was making. I wasn’t there to hear it or to take pictures. The two photographs above were taken by Bill Derisi with his cell phone. What an amazing world we live in! I can almost hear the music just by looking at Jim’s and his partner’s joy. I can't count Bill's photographs as my photo du jour. I had to go out looking for my photograph for the day; so when Jim went to his barber today, I followed along. Now I know why he goes to the other side of town to get a haircut.

No comments: