Tuesday, February 08, 2011

People who receive a photograph from me every day (a picture I've taken on the day it is sent) know that my habit is to try to find something beautiful... restful... inspiring... or instructive. My photo du jour for February 8, 2011, is not beautiful, restful, inspiring ... and not really instructive. I took the picture from inside the car in the city of Vernon in Greater Los Angeles. Just to balance things, I got the more restful tiles when I got back to SAN DIEGO.Actually, I have to say that more of Los Angeles is like the tiles than it is the confusion of utility wires, industrial flim-flam, and snarled traffic in Vernon. I must also confess that I like Los Angeles, but I wouldn't want to live there... because, as Gertrude Stein famously said, "there is no there there."

No comments: