Thursday, November 18, 2010

This has been another of the days when the photographs don't fit a pattern. I could make up something to try to connect the images to each other, but it would be a stretch; so I've thrown in a poem I put together a couple of days ago because it doesn't fit any single one of the photographs either. The BLOG today is a potpourri... a little bit of everything from detritus to elegant bird of paradise. The photo du jour is the rear door of a delivery truck I found at Mission Valley Center. I was riding through on my bicycle when I spotted the truck. The driver was already moving, but I caught him and asked if he's stop and let me get the picture. I consider the door photograph as poetic as any sequence of sentences.
HERE WE GO ‘ROUND THE...

True love may not be here now...
but it’s just around the corner
where television is sure to tell us
what we’ve been missing up to now
and what life’s supposed to be...

It’s in our blood and in our brains...
We are all hunters hoping to find
Whatever it is we think we need
to make whatever we don’t have
make life what we want it to be...
Several people e-mailed to ask why I didn't include the close-up of the palm tree outside Arizona Tile Company. I didn't have a good answer except to say that one of the photographs will surely wind up in the BARK PROJECT... so the image above is one of them.

No comments: