Saturday, September 18, 2010

My picture for today is this shell, and I could go on about how meaningful its construction was to Fibonacci; but I won't do that. Instead I'll look closely at the morning glories and wonder why they don't reopen day after day after day... and I'll try to remember to ask somebody if it's true that a person can get high on morning glory seeds.
Morning glory
old, old story
of opening
early
and
closing
when heat
of day comes.I like the way morning glories seem to produce their own light. I know it isn't true, but the illusion is very strong in the middle of the morning when that white center glows and seems to grow brighter moment by moment.Obviously, this isn't a morning glory. I don't know what its name is, but I'm including it for no other reason than that I like it very much.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like an African Violet, Lovely photo.