Saturday, August 14, 2010

Today is Julian's sixth birthday. Don't be fooled by the picture of him signaling how many years old he is. His family has developed a good tradition. On the morning of somebody's birthday, that person gets a specially baked small cake served in bed... with balloons. He was not yet quite awake when I snapped the picture... and he hadn't yet seen the bicycle waiting for him out by the front door. He is amazing... It's amazing... the extraordinary level of energy packed into a six-year-old boy.Julian and I went out for breakfast... his choice of restaurants. At Denny's he had a breakfast pizza, and I had the senior Grand Slam. I'm making a note to myself to remember to take him out for breakfast on his sixteenth birthday. I'm guessing he won't choose Denny's.
------------------------
I am "dog sitting" Mozart this weekend for the Davids. In dog years Mo is even older than I am. He doesn't like to have his picture taken, so instead of a portrait of an old, disoriented springer spaniel, I have water lilies from the back yard.

No comments: