Friday, July 23, 2010

SAN DIEGO RIVER EARLY MORNING ODYESSEY: I often ride out from Mission Valley on the north side of the river... all the way to the ocean crossing the Sunset Cliffs Bridge to get over to Ocean Beach before riding back into the valley on the side of the river. These are only a few of the things I saw today.The Photo-du-jour is the empty T-shirt and blue jeans. I was riding my bike along the south side of the river from Ocean Beach back to Mission Valley and was startled to see the jeans and shirt up ahead in the dry grass. At first I thought there was a body in them. Hundreds of homeless people make the river bottom their sleeping place. Some of them were sleeping along the path in mid-day. I was told one day by a homeless person that she always slept in the day and stayed awake at night for obvious safety reasons. The third picture, "1-800 EAT SHIT," is the back of the T-shirt.
THE IMAGES BELOW ARE PHOTOSHOPPED WITH A DRY BRUSH PAINTING TOOL.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great way to begin the day, a bike ride in beautiful weather. As always, really enjoyed your photos, I especially like the reflections of the carts and the boats. Very nice