Monday, June 07, 2010

Between Edinburgh and home Margaret and I stopped by Nancy's in Rockville, Maryland, for the weekend... Her lilies are in bloom.
In the airplane on the last leg of the journey from Ireland and Scotland, I read some of Yeats' poems... This was among them...

He Wished for the Cloths of Heaven
William Butler Yeats.

“Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet,
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

www.jerralmiles.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That poem is really nice. Thanks for posting it. And I love the isle photo. Looks like everyone is behaving nicely.
What a great trip you had. Your photos told a great story.

Jerral Miles said...

Mark,
I don’t know if it’s the Protein Pro V shampoo you’re using or the food you eat or the cab drivers you know... but something makes you see things and share what you see with the rest of us... in ways that I very much like. Thanks.
I especially like your take on the Gulf tragedy...
Jerral