Friday, April 30, 2010

"Art Alive" is the San Diego Museum of Art’s big blow-out celebration every year. People come and Ooo and Ahhh over floral arrangements made mostly by professional arrangers to represent important works of art in the museum's collection. I have to confess that I mostly don't get it. I am so blown away by the paintings themselves that I have a hard time appreciating the attempts to make flowers and other plants look like the paintings. However, I do agree that it's a great occasion because it calls attention to the outstanding Museum that is the center piece for Balboa Park.The photograph of the Museum of Man tower below is actually a reflection in the reflecting pool at the museum of art cafe.



I took this picture of Margaret and using Photo Shop software I turned it into a dry-brush painting.This photograph could have been my "picture for the day" because I actually set the timer on my little Panasonic, pushed the button, and stepped over to be in the picture with Irene, Bill, Ruth, Margaret and Jim. Rules are important, and one of my rules for the photo du jour is that I have to actually press the shutter release or it doesn't count. The sign over the door to one of the galleries reads, "Old Masters in a New Light." It seemed appropriate for the old guys resting while wives strolled the galleries.

No comments: