Friday, February 19, 2010

An early morning bike ride out to the ocean with Ed and an afternoon trip to Balboa Park gave me a chance to see what the new little camera could do. I am very pleased.
Wide Angle at 25 mm for a panorama shot (three images stitched together) taken from the Sunset Cliffs Bridge at Ocean Beach.
I extended the zoom out to 300 mm to bring in this brown pelican. Sharpness and color are surprisingly good at this distance.
Checking for sharpness at various distances... Ocean Beach
The self-timer gave me ten seconds to get in front of the camera to be part of the picture.
Ed, a portrait.
The cupola on the Museum of Man Dome
Flowers in Balboa Park gave me a chance to check macro settings. The camera "knows" when it is close enough to need adjustment for macro.
Sax Man at the Reflecting Pool in Balboa Park
Reflecting Pool in Balboa Park
Spanish Village Art Community in Balboa Park
Cactus Garden in Balboa Park

No comments: