Tuesday, February 23, 2010

RIDING AROUND MISSION BAY AND ALONG THE OCEAN TODAY WITH MY BUDDY, ED JIRJIS , I stopped often to take pictures with a first generation Nikon SLR (D100, D for digital) and with the new Panasonic Lumix to see how the images compared. The little camera continues to amaze me. I bought the Nikon six years ago and paid seven times as much for just the body of that camera as I did for the Panasonic Lumix last week. I am amazed at how far the technology has come in such a short time. Check the comparisons by click on each image to see it larger.

The picture above is with the Panasonic Lumix; the one below was taken with the Nikon D100. I asked Ed to stand with the sun and Mission bay to his back so I could see how the little camera performed with back lighting. In both pictures I set the camera for fill-flash.


The picture above was taken with the Panasomic Lumix; the one below with the Nikon D199.

The Image below is from the Nikon D100; the two above were taken with the small Lumix. My biking buddy Ed was very patient today as I fooled around with both cameras so I could do the comparisons.


The image below came from the Nikon D100. I stitched three images together to make the panorama.


The photograph above was taken with the Nikon D100 and the one below with the little camera. The biggest problem with the Lumix is that it doesn't have a view finder and seeing the picture on the screen on the camera's back is difficult in bright sunlight.

THE THREE PHOTOGRAPHS below were taken with the Nikon D100.

No comments: