Friday, February 12, 2010

Click the image to see a larger picture.From where I live on the hill above Mission Valley, a perfect morning bicycle ride takes me along Friar's Road past the River Valley Golf Course to the place where the river widens before it flows into the Pacific. The picture below is what I see when I come up the path after crossing under the bridge I cross to get to the east side of the river for the ride back through Old Town to get home. The bike path on the north side of the river passes close to the Mission Bay Yacht Harbor where I couldn't resist the boats for my photo du jour.

The San Diego River flows into the sea between Ocean Beach and Mission Beach. These two photographs were taken from the Sunset Cliffs Boulevard Bridge. The photograph above shows the north shore of the river.

The bike path crosses under the Sport's Arena Bridge near Sea World.

When I get to the place where the river widens into a paradise for water birds, I always slow my bike to a gentle ride and take in the beauty all around me. These water plants are indigenous to the area. The Native American people who lived along this river used the various grasses to weave baskets, mats and clothing.

With Patterns like these, I couldn't resist fooling around with the color in the pictures of river grass.

No comments: