Sunday, November 08, 2009

Click on an image to see it larger.A THANKSGIVING NOTICE: I'm watching the opening of buds on two pots of Thanksgiving cactus. I had thought the photographs I made last week would be enough, but I'm hooked. I go to the porch every couple of days with my camera and take more pictures. For perspective, you should know the little jade mule I got in Singapore forty years ago is seven inches long and seven inches from tip of ears to hoofs. When the plant is in full bloom, I'll post another picture.BEWARE THE TIME WHEN EVERY HOUR’S ACCOUNTED FOR

A scattering of jewels on the night landscape
Lights spread diamonds and emeralds
Golden threads and white where highways are

All beacons when I was seventeen held promise
An endless journey of unbearable brightness
On every horizon a road disappears into fog

It’s the mystery
The something out there not known
That pulls me on from day to day

Beware the time when every hour’s accounted for
The journey when what’s around each bend is known

No comments: